Deciding to Sell
Now that you have decided to sell your home, there are quite a few variables to keep in mind:
- How will you value the price of your home?
- How will you market your home?
- What will your conditions and terms of sale be?
- After selling, where will you move?
Find A REALTOR®
In today’s day and age it is important to recognize the importance of web marketing. No matter who you decide to use as your agent, make sure that they are tech-savvy. Most potential home buyers start their searches online. This is why it is critical to market your property on the internet.
Our team is specifically trained in modern marketing:
- Professional “For Sale” signs
- Professional staging, photography, and videos
- Online and Social Media Marketing
- “Just Listed” notices to neighbours
- Calls to prospective buyers
- Open Houses
- Local Ads
- our agents have been in the business for more than 15 years
- exclusive client database will guarantee your home being sold
- a team of website/graphic designers and marketing specialists
- software developers compiling market data every day
The Price Is Right
It is absolutely crucial to price your home correctly when it is first being listed. Price your home too high, and your home will remain on the market for far too long, which creates problems during negotiations.
To accurately determine this price there are many factors to consider. First you have to take a look at what houses with similar characteristics have sold for, or are currently being listed for. Furthermore, you must objectively compare the differences and similarities in the homes, then finally compare all of this data with your property. It is extremely important to stay up to date with the homes being listed and sold in your neighborhood. After all, your home is undoubtedly among the most important investments you’ve made. Know what it is currently worth!
- have special access to private AND commercial sales data!
- send automatic notifications if any properties are priced significantly lower than market value
- have streamlined the process with real time data feeds ensuring accurate reporting
- have more than 15 years experience with both residential and investment properties
- own and manage properties throughout Ottawa, we know the market!
Request a comprehensive property analysis today!
Look at your Property Objectively
When a potential buyer tours your home, all it takes for them to decide if they are going to put in an offer or not is the first impression they get from your property. For this reason it is necessary to make sure everything is in perfect order.
- Keep the yard spotless
- Maintain the lawn, gardens, and shrubs
- Ensure the paint is in good condition
- Clean all windows
- Repair the roof, gutters and downspouts
- Repair the driveway if necessary
Open Houses and Showings
Staging your home is very important to catch the eyes of potential buyers. Here are some basic tips to keep in mind:
- Neutral Colour Schemes
- Remove All Excess Clutter as this will make the rooms seem more spacious
- Position Mirrors in Appropriate Locations
- Remove Oversized Furniture
- Meticulously clean the kitchen and bathrooms
- Ensure all carpets and floors are spotless
- All windows must be sparkling clean and all window coverings dusted
- Remove all personal photos and family related objects
- Organize the garage and basement
These are but a few tips to help you sell your home. Just remember, try to remove yourself from the equation and look at your home from somebody else’s shoes. Aesthetics are everything.
Receiving Offers, Negotiating Terms, and Closing
This is when having a Real Estate Agent comes in handy. Our team can act as a buffer to minimize the emotional elements of selling your home. We will make sure that you get the best possible conditions and terms from the buyer.
Sometimes it will be tempting to accept the highest offer, but it’s also important to take into consideration the terms and conditions. For example maybe one offer gives you the highest price, but has an inconvenient closing date, and financing conditions.
These are just a few things to consider. Having an experienced real estate agent at your side will significantly help you navigate through the entire home selling process.