If you live in Stittsville, you probably know all the best places in town. But for those who don’t, here’s a guide to what we can do when visiting or exploring this lovely suburb.
These are the places that I wanted to visit in Stittsville.
Stittsville is a great place to visit. There are lots of museums, playgrounds and gardens you can go to. It’s also got some parks, libraries and community centres that are nice to visit.
Visit the Stittsville library.
When looking for things to do in Stittsville, look no further than the library. The Stittsville branch is a beautiful place with many programs for kids and adults alike. In addition, there are plenty of books on the shelves if you want to borrow one (or two) or if you want to check out a laptop or tablet so that you can get some work done while you’re there!
Play at Goulbourn Recreation Complex.
- The Goulbourn Recreation Complex is home to various activities for all ages, making it the perfect place to spend a day. You can enjoy the skating rink and fitness centre or try your hand at any number of activities, including:
- Ice fishing
- Curling lessons
- The climbing wall – An indoor rock climbing wall! It’s all yours unless there’s a party scheduled in your preferred time slot. Then you’ll have to share it with other climbers. The good news is that there are plenty of other things on offer at this complex to keep busy until your spot opens up again, so you won’t be bored waiting for your next turn. International curlers may also want to check out the curling facility and the ice surface, which might come in handy during the winter months when temperatures drop below freezing (which means no ice fishing). This rink also has public skating hours so take advantage of those too! When visiting our nation’s capital, please take advantage of one of Ottawa’s best-kept secrets. Now you know where else besides Parliament Hill will take care of all year round: Goulbourn Recreation Complex!
Walk on Stittsville Main Street.
Stittsville Main Street is a charming and vibrant shopping district at the foot of Stittsville Hill. The street is lined with antique shops, boutiques and restaurants. You can also find specialty stores that sell everything from jewelry to home decor items.
The best part about visiting Stittsville Main Street is that you’re surrounded by some of Ottawa’s finest restaurants when you aren’t shopping or eating at one of the various food trucks located on the street.
Stittsville Main Street is located at 2201 Stittsville Main Street in Ottawa (K2S 1J4).
Take a hike at Goulbourn Museum.
If you want to get out and about in Stittsville, there’s no shortage of things to do. But, first, you can visit the Goulbourn Museum, home to a collection of historical photos and artifacts that will give you an idea of what life was like in this neighbourhood decades ago.
It’s located at 2135 Fernbank Road (just west of the intersection with Bank Street) and is open Tuesday through Saturday from 10 am until 4 pm. They also have great resources available online—you can access them here: [link].
The museum is filled with exciting artifacts that would be perfect for anyone interested in local history or Canadiana. It also hosts special events throughout the year; check its calendar before visiting to know if they’re open when you plan on going!
Play at Village Square Park and Splash Pad.
Village Square Park and Splash Pad is the perfect place to take your kids for fun in the sun. With an outdoor playground and a great splash pad, kids of all ages will have hours of fun. Village Square Park also has a great community centre that holds events throughout the year, such as bingo, movie nights and more.
The splash pad is open from May 1st until August 31st from 11 am until 7 pm daily. The park is open from sunrise to sunset yearly, but hours may vary during special events such as Canada Day celebrations or Halloween parties!
If you’re visiting with little ones, remember their swimsuits! When they get tired of splashing around, they can always cool down with a snack at Stittsville’s many restaurants or grab something cold from one of its ice cream shops (we recommend Scoops!).
Where to go in Stittsville
- Check out the library, which has an extensive collection of books.
- Play at the Stittsville Recreation Centre. It has a swimming pool and gym, among other facilities.
- Walk down Main Street and take in the sights! There are lots of shops that sell all sorts of things—from clothes to food to toys—and you’ll often find exciting people visiting too.
- Visit The Museum on George Street (it’s free!). In case you didn’t know, this museum is home to over 20,000 artifacts related to Stittsville’s history!
If you’re feeling incredibly energetic: If it’s nice out, why not try taking a hike at Landon Park? You’ll get some fresh air while pumping your heart with some exercise!
You can’t go wrong with visiting Stittsville. The community is full of friendly people, great food and fun things to do. There are so many places to explore and enjoy! This blog post has helped you decide where to go in Stittsville.